Old March 20th 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fred the Red Shirt

Default The smallest jet aircraft in the world - BD-5J (homebuilt)

On Mar 19, 8:43 pm, Anthony W wrote:
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

Oh, and the Cri cri is the lightest human piloted jet to have flown,
the BD-5 is shorter and thus smaller by that measure. IIRC
the Juan Dart holds the record because it is a small as any
other BD-5 and lighter than the others by virtue of omitting
components needed for self-starting. The Guiness Book
people evidently do not require that it be flown in that
configuration to hold the record, which strikes me as peculiar.

Could the record be snatched away buy putting a couple of those mini
turbines on something like a Mitchell Wing?

See elswhere in this thread for soemthign like that.

There is also a guy who flew horizontal for 30 seconds
or so in what I'd call a 'flying squirrel suit', a jump suit
with fabric webs between the arms and legs and jets
on his boots.

The guy with the cri cri coudl do it by taking the tail off.

There is no requirement that the plane actually fly,.

--

FF