Old July 31st 03, 04:55 PM
Skyhawk

Henri,

You are in luck! The progressive taxi (magenta) line can be accessed
through the ATC dialog box after contacting ground control. After the taxi
instructions are received, an option appears for the progressive taxi, hit
the 1 key and the line appears. Good Flying!
"henri Arsenault" wrote in message
In article ,
Kevin Reilly wrote:

What bothers me is that of the mere half dozen or so places I tried with
the new version, two have shown these glaring bridge problems. I find it
difficult to believe that in one session I just happened to pick the
only two locations where this has been done. There must be more, surely?
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed or notices any more
butchered bridges in FS2004, famous or otherwise.

Ha that's nothing, the Coronado Bridge in San Diego is not there at all!

I went to a few places I know, and here is what I found.

Th coastlines are generally better defined. The Coronado Bridge in San
Diego is missing, but the Coronado hote, San diego Convention Center,
Marriott Marina Hotel and so on are all there. The surroundings of the
Los Angeles Airport are better defined that in FS2002, for example the
cloverleaf for 405 near the airport is there, as well as the road
through the airport to Marina Del Rey. San Francisco looks OK, Stanford
University is still not there, but the bridges are.In Montreal, the
Jacques Cartier Bridge is fully defined, the other bridges look generic.
Mount Royal looks like a small hill, but the Oratory is still on the
top, and the Olympic Stadium is there. The Quebec City bridges are there
as generic flat bridges, but the bend in the Chaudiere River where it
enters the St laurence is in the wrong place. There is no road to the
airport, presumably people are supposed to get there by skidoo or dog
sled...

I have only spent a short time with the simulation so far, and I like
the new features like the movng map display. I haven't had time to play
much with the ATC much, but that is supposed to be improved as well; the
command to show a line to the parking lot has been removed because now
there are signs along the ways like in real airports, but I wish they
still had it.

The game is plenty smooth on my 2 gHz system with Radeon 8500 at 1028
resolution and everything pretty much near the max. The clouds look
great, I haven't tried the rain yet, which is supposed to be improved.

Henri