Old November 25th 10, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Stopping a Tail Tank Drip

Hi, Erik,

That's a very ingenious temporary solution! I would've never thought
of that trick.

Your glider and mine are pretty similar in age. I wonder if the drip
problem is something that strikes LS8s with the 5.5 liter tail tank
over a certain age. I think the LS6 used a similar tank - any LS6
owners experiencing something similar?

Good luck with the rework, Erik. If you think of it, take some
pictures of the valve to document the problem.

-John

On Nov 25, 10:28 am, Papa3 wrote:
Hi John,

I have the same problem and I believe we have the same exact tail
tank. My temporary solution involves a foam ear plug stuff into the
tail tube. Suprisingly, it stays put, yet the head from the tank is
enough to eject it when the valve is opened. Since I'm always within
the aft CG limit, there's no safety risk if it doesn't drain (except
for cold weather, and I fly dry when it's close to freezing). But,
I'm planning to pull the tank this winter and do a proper inspection
and adjustment/repair as needed.

P3