Old June 3rd 04, 09:03 PM
Robert M. Gary

Dave Butler wrote in message ...
There is a list of placards in the POH (Mooney M20J) and the wording there makes
me think they are all required. Some examples from memory a "DO NOT PUSH",
"NO STEP", "TIRE PRESSURE xx POUNDS". Sorry, I don't have the POH in front of
me at the moment.

The Type Certificate Data Sheet at the faa web site doesn't list any of these
placards.

The plane was just painted and none of these placards are in place. They weren't
there before painting, either. The plane has been through several annuals
without the placards.

Is there a regulatory requirement to have these placards?

I'm told the answer is yes. The Mooney factory service center that
worked on mine a couple years ago charged me $400 to replace the "do
not push" stickers. They said the Sacramento FSDO looks at those
pretty closely.

-Robert