Old September 12th 11, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

Default "Selling" Safety

On Sep 11, 1:37*pm, POPS wrote:
'JJ Sinclair[_2_ Wrote:

;782996']Bob,
If the safety message is long or complicated it won't be read,
understood or remembered. I think it should be short, simple and
direct:

+++ Don't practice rope breaks below 500 feet and only after briefing
it.

+++ Everybody needs to have a radio and do a com-check before every
takeoff.

Cheers,
JJ

Geeezzzzzz, * reflecting on this whole thing the last few weeks has
gotten me really gun-shy about *flying. * I try hard to do it right....
never had any "close ones" * Am I the only one that's got a nagging
freak factor tingling the back of my head now...... you still can pound
in! * Oh crap..... *Do I need to ground myself tell I figure something
out, *am I just a skilled dodge ball junkie like all everyone else. *I'm
self grounding for a while, screw it.

--
POPS

I've ALWAYS been gunshy about flying - but it hasn't stopped me.
Flying requires at least as much vigilance as working with a loaded
gun - it's just not something you can get away with doing
carelessly. Once you become accustomed to the vigilance it requires,
flying is a lot of fun.

If you study accident reports, you will find most are really stupid.
The remainder can be managed.