Old September 3rd 13, 08:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
展奄rdo[_3_] 展奄rdo[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Mainstay - 1 attachment - 1 attachment

On 03/09/2013 00:45, John Szalay wrote:
Jess Lurkin wrote in news:XnsA22FB4533F2C1SuckAssLibturds@
7
A Be-50 (A-50) of Russia's VVS looking kinda goofy.

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
--HW.CE4A7368001B297DB01029BF

It looks more tatty than goofy.

Which begs the question; Why so many air intakes?

Ignoring the 4 obvious LARGE intakes and the APU intake,
there seems to be redundancies for the redundant holes.
Two of them might possibly be lights, but I doubt it.

Anyone? TIA

.

begin 644 001-34a.jpg

Attachment decoded: 001-34a.jpg
`
end

Considering the large amount of electronic equipment
onboard I suspect APU and massive air conditioning
unit to keep said electronics cool..
radar units , computers CRTs take a lot of cooling..

looking at several other photos of the plane both on the ground
and videos , show covers in several of those inlets on the ground
and lights in the 4 indicated positions.

Perhaps the crew are heavy smokers. Those Russian cigarettes do make a
hell of stink!

;-)

--
Moving Things in Still Pictures!