Old August 17th 05, 09:17 PM
Mitty

Airplanes: We have 4 different flavors of PA-28s, six total, plus a Cherokee
Six. The two being upgraded right now are Archers.

Type of Flying: We do not fly a lot of hard IFR, panel space is limited as is
money. Hence, we are not looking at backup horizons, etc. Also, one of the
airplanes will be getting an S-TEC 2/ or 30, which replaces the TC.

Hence, something like the Precise Flight at $400-500 kind of numbers is the
candidate. Possibly an electric pump, though I don't know anything about the cost.

On 8/17/2005 12:41 PM, Mitty wrote the following:
Our club is looking at upgrading a couple of airplanes to Garmin 430s, etc.

It seems to me that standby vacuum would be a good thing to add, too.

1) Good idea? Do these systems really work?

2) Recommendations on type/brand/model?

TIA