Old December 21st 03, 10:31 PM
George Vranek

"John Roncallo" wrote in message
. com...
I'm not challenging whether the disk rotor will out perform the tilt
rotor. But your message states you will get the same performance with
the disk rotor as you will with an airplane in airplane mode or as much
performance as a helicopter in hover mode. This I find to be pushing the
limits of insulting our intelligence.

John Roncallo

I am sorry John, but my mother speach is not english and therefore you could
get the impression, that I am pushing the limits of insulting your
intelligence. I only want to explaine why the disk rotor is better than the
tilt rotor. You know, the conventional rotor is good for hovering only and
to fly fast with it is an aerodynamic crime, which is punished immediately
by vibrations, noise, low efficiency... The disk in the disk rotor improves
the rotor efficiency in hovering and compensates so its weight penalty. In
the cruisig, the rotor blades are retracted in the disk and the disk acts
than as a fixed wing, which is well suitable for fast flying similar to a
delta wing. Please have a look at www.vranek.ch/diskrotor.htm for more
details.

George