Old August 6th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cub Driver

Default GPS Problems near CHD..

On 5 Aug 2006 13:36:47 -0700, "Dan" wrote:

Get near CHD (and once on the ground at
FFZ) and problems are guaranteed.

My first GPS flying was with a unit belonging to my daughter, a
sailor. It regularly lost signal over PSM, the former Pease Air Force
Base; I used to suspect a left-over top secret ray to blind incoming
missiles. I live a couple miles across Great Bay from PSM, and the
only way I could get that GPS to find a signal was to set it on the
dock for half an hour. Very odd.

But once I acquired a GPS of my own, that problem disappeared. It
seemed to have been peculiar to that unit.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email: usenet AT danford DOT net

Warbird's Forum: www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com