Old January 3rd 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default First flight of 2008 -- Madison, WI (KMSN)

Jay Honeck wrote in
:

First flight of 2008.. and the newly minted pilot did not get to fly?
bummer dude.. yah, I know.. it will be a few more hours before he can
qualify for the "ATLAS"

He could have come with us (or gone flying on his own) but chose to
spend his last day of Christmas break with his girfriend -- whose
mother won't let her fly in a light plane!

Joe has not flown solo since giving me a ride, the day after passing
his checkride. The weather here has been absolutely appalling, with
weeks on end of unflyable conditions. I don't know how our FBO gets
through times like this.

My first 9 flights of 2008... towing gliders up to work the ridge
lift with north winds in 1 Jan 2008.

Cool! I'll bet that never gets old, even doing it every day.
--

Wheras your non life must be duller'n dishwater.

Bertie