Old July 30th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default 13 Horsepower

Copperhead144 wrote:

This is a very insightful and thought provoking topic and I enjoyed
reading it. The HF engine mentioned is a knock off of a Robin engine
and is actually a fairly well made engine. I’ve found it interesting
to see the larger HP rated Generic and B&S V twin engines turning up
in aircraft projects and the re-drives fabricated for them. They’re
less expensive then the imported engines and do a good job for their
purpose. What they lack though is the 40 to 50 + HP range. This
however has yet to stop innovative approaches and solutions to the
problem by end users, i.e. us.

The one I looked at at the local HF store looks like the Honda
industrial engines of about 25 years ago. This would probably be about
right since the Chinese have been copying the hell out of small Honda
motorcycles.

Tony