Old May 31st 18, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Grob G103 canopy transparencies made in the USA

I'm considering tooling up to make replacement canopy transparencies for existing sailplanes, or at least to have them made for me. I've seen a few requests for G103 canopies, so I thought I'd start there.

What I am thinking of is precision stretch-formed transparencies made over internal mandrels just like Mecaplex does--not hokey free-blown attempts that never fit right. I can have them made stateside for less than the Mecaplex price plus shipping, insurance, import fees, brokerage fees, etc. However, they still won't be cheap; expect prices of $2000 to $2500 each for front and rear transparencies.

Contact me bob at hpaircraft dot com for details. If I can get three or more firm orders, I can proceed.

--Bob K.