Old June 23rd 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Any details on Nephi incident?

If I had an Arcus I sure would want to hear more before my next flight.
There were multiple rudder failures over the years, resulting in at least one bail out few years ago, and another almost bail out, due to the cable breaking at the point it exits the rudder pedal. This is an area each pilot should inspect regularly. In other cases the pedals got disengaged from the lock position.
Also if you have a passenger, it is always a good idea to check if they still have control. At least one bail out was prevented in the last moment this way.
Not saying this is what happened, just a reminder of what can and did happen before.
So glad Dave and his passenger are ok. We had enough bad news this year already.

Ramy