Old December 21st 04, 11:02 PM
Howard Nelson

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Spockstuto" wrote in message
Your tax dollars at work

Objectively speaking, the #1 job of the TSA is to prevent another

9/11-style
hijacking. While we can argue that Thousands Standing Around is at turns
rude, inefficient, and as kafkaesque as every other bureaucracy, we have

not
had another 9/11. I've traveled ~300k miles commercial since 9/11 so I

know
what a pain it is. Perhaps the TSA has nothing to do with the fact that we
haven't seen another suicide hijacking here.

Also the law of unintended consequences applies. Every time I pull out my
laptop, remove my belt and take off my shoes while juggling my wallet and
coat and am in other ways inconvenienced (arrive 90-120 mins before flight)
I am forcible reminded of the actions of the enemies of America which have
made this necessary. Hard to imagine much better propaganda for our side.
These new systems and regulations are so powerful in that way that I imagine
this will be a "forever war".

Howard

---