Old October 14th 03, 12:08 PM
Bertie the Bunyip

Rich Ahrens wrote in
:

Pooh Bear wrote:

Bill Mulcahy wrote:
I would think that if windshield wires got hot enough to
crack glass that would qualify as a fire,

A FIRE involves combustion - typically meaning both smoke and flames.
An overheated windshield that cracks is no FIRE.

I think we have good evidence here of why Birdstrike Bill no longer
works for the NYFD. Even though he was only a cartoonist for them...

Well, I've seen two of them, and they're definitely fires! The element does
burn, but unless it has something else to set fire to, it usually only
lasts for a second or so. Like when your toaster fries itself.

Bertie