Old October 10th 04, 02:14 PM
Jay Honeck

That's very true. My premiums only went down about 15% after my first
year of ownership, but the big difference was having my pick of insurers
rather than being limited to one or two who were willing to write the
risk.

That's true with many types of insurance.

Hotel/motel insurance, for example, is seen as a very high risk endeavor.
As a result, there are just two major players left in the business.

Not surprisingly, they just jacked us $900 per year (which is about what we
had been paying per month) -- and I have no recourse but to suck it up and
pay it. Mind you, we've never had a claim of any kind -- they just hiked us
because, well, because they could.

Which is why I hate product liability and ambulance chasing attorneys almost
beyond measure. I'm sure some trailer trash "tripped" and fell at a hotel
last year, and the *******s sued the poor saps for $20 million -- and now we
ALL have to pay for it.

I really can't believe that any pilot in their right mind would want a
product liability attorney a heartbeat away from the presidency. Has
everyone forgotten that these are the same a**holes that almost eliminated
aircraft manufacturing in this country?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA