Old July 11th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
xyzzy

Default XM weather de-activation with Garmin 396/496

On Jul 11, 12:44 pm, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:
Paul kgyy wrote:
I have a PDA-based XM weather process that spontaneously de-activates
periodically (and of course I don't find out until I fire up the
receiver in the airplane).

Are any 396/496 users having this problem?

What about Flight Cheetah users?

This disscussion has been had here with with 3/496s. IIRC it had to do with
the lack of reauthorization when the GPS had been out of the sattelite's
view for a while. I had assumed it had been cleared up because there hasn't
been a post about it for quite some time.

FWIW I've gone as long as 5 months without firing up my GPS396 and
it's never had this happen.