Old January 18th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Naming intersections/fixes

Airbus wrote:
In article , says...

Airbus wrote:

We all know the FAA has gone to some lengths to create some wistful,
humorous or otherwise place-significant intersection names. BOSOX outside
Boston, RIBBS, MILLER, LYYTE - some less funny GRAVE, SORRY -

How does one suggest an intersection/fix name to the FAA?
I would recommend changing the GRABB intersection (not very
complimentary) outside Northampton, Mass to PLATH, in honor of one of the
most renowned literature professors to inhabit this illustrious college
town.

PLATH is already in use:

N 44 41 06.0

W 73 31 21.2

You sure about that?
I may be wrong, but I do not see any fix with that name in that location - or
in any other location, for that matter. Also, Airnav.com does not recognize
this name as an identifier for any fix or intersection.

It is in the current Garmin database.

Perhaps it is one of those fixes no longer used for anything but not
cancelled by the FAA.

That doesn happen.