Old May 25th 10, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Frank Stutzman[_3_]

Default A Random Comment

Alpha Propellerhead wrote:

I'm installing IP Trainer to practice approaches. Does anybody have
any experience with it?

Yup. Bought it and OnTop while I was doing my instrument training. OnTop
was bad, but IP Trainer was worse.

The thing is set up with a series of 'lessons' and you had to complete
one before you could move on to the next. I find flight simulators
twitchy compared to real planes and I reached a point where I found
IP Trainer impossible to work with. I think it was when the lesson
was to do with timed turns and you had to roll out on the desired
course within a few degrees. The hysteresis inherent in consumer grade
computer flight controls just made it impossible.

That was a few years ago, so it might have changed, but I wouldn't bet
on it.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"