View Single Post
Old July 17th 15, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Default "Volunteer contest write-ups", we (the home bodies) appreciateit!!!

I heard that Facebook is run by the NSA... ;-)
(It's cloudy here today)

On 7/17/2015 6:53 AM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
On Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 10:38:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Eric, the new SOARING editor wanted me to include some comments on all the Facebook videos I posted for the Sports Class Nationals. We didn't have much else to do thanks to the jet stream. The thing I liked about using the Facebook "embed post" code I was able to post Facebook videos in the SSA report field for the official report. Please let me know that in fact, those that don't have a Facebook page could see the posts and videos. It would help me confirm that it's a good way to include videos. The contest director for the Fall event in Elmira contacted me and wanted to do the same for that event. I've be trying to post videos with my iPhone since they came out ten years ago. Only this year with my new iPhone 6s, have I accomplished the task. It's amazing how Facebook compresses the video and uploads it quickly. Even with marginal cell phone coverage. It made it a lot more fun than wearing my fingers to the bone taking notes and then staying up until the wee hours transcribing the notes for the official report. Thanks for any feedback. , 513-260-9025.

No I don't have a Facebook account.
Yes, I could view the videos that were embedded in the reports.

--
Dan Marotta