Old January 23rd 18, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Muttley

Default RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

I would suggest to look again at the Final Video of the SGP http://www.sgp.aero/finals2017.aspx?contestID=30819 with various pilot interviews. Taking away all the niceties they were saying about the place there are also some underlying uncertainty and comments which would worry me. M. Tingey at 3.09 (frightening) and S.Kawa at 6.10 (Scared). In my book both of these could mean trouble and it either takes skill or luck to get out of these situations.