Old August 13th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jessica

Default Rutan on Global Warming

Dan Luke wrote:
"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Dan Luke" wrote:
"Jim Logajan" wrote:
Anyway, so where is the IEEE position?
Or the Quasar Equatorial Survey Team?
Or ... well, you get the idea. Your statement _was_ a tad sweeping.
The IEEE is an engineering association.

So how come you get to include engineering associations and I don't? You
specifically included:

"International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological
Sciences"

QUEST is not a professional association, it is a research group.

The Max Planck Society, which you got to include, is a research group -
not
a professional association. So how come you get to include one and I
don't?

(It probably would have been more prudent if you had said something like
"Okay, maybe not every scientific professional organization in the
world...."

This isn't even an interesting side argument. Its only interesting aspect
is to demonstrate yet again how stubborness can be a liability.)

Associations of scientific professionals, you know? Like the AMA for
doctors, the ABA for lawyers. Is this a difficult concept?

I used your definition-by-example of "professional scientific
organization" by actually examining the list you provided. In it were not
only an engineering group, but a pure mathematical society (statistics), a
research group, cross-over groups (e.g. petroleum geologists), and so on.

So, using only your self-approved super smart groups of "climate
scientists," please tell us what they predict for annual temperature
deltas of Boston and San Francisco for 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, and
30 years from now, and by what formula was their result was obtained.