Old May 5th 05, 12:06 AM
gaylon9

In the epitome of hypocrisy, the SEC refused Bells attempt to purchase
the MD helicopter product line on the basis of reduced competition.
This was done after they stamped their approval on Boeing merging with
McDonnell Douglas.

The SEC was asked by an Arizona Police Dept. to block Bell's purchase on the
grounds that they 'assumed' that Bell was simply going to buy the MD line
and then stop production -- ie. buy out the competition. I think it was the
Phoenix Police Dept.. I bet they wish otherwise now. The Lubbock, TX
Aerocare service has 3 MD Explorers that are slowly becoming unusable
because of a lack of parts. For several months one or two of the ships have
been cannabalized to keep the other in the air. There are also problems with
a lack of factory support to upgrade the craft as certain parts show a much
shorter life than predicted or expected. Bad combination to have 'under
engineered' design areas and then a lack of parts for support.
Gaylon
http://www.aerocare-lubbock.com/