Old July 27th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

Default On pre-flight inspections

On Jul 27, 4:47*pm, "vaughn"
wrote:

One day I had pulled a glider out to the flight line and completed my
pre-flight, only to find that the tow pilot was taking a bathroom break.
Just to kill time, I wandered over to the tow plane and gave it a casual
once-over. *To my shock, I discovered that one of the struts on the
horizontal stabilizer was broken loose from its fuselage attachment. *That
plane's next flight might have been its last!

This one made my day, Vaughan (or is it spelt Vaugn?). When I began
the thread, I thought people would've noticed in their pre-flights
issues ranging from the minor to semi-major but nothing potentially
catastrophic. This one though really looks like it'd have been
curtains. Harald's too, of course.

Thanks for the story!

Ramapriya