Old July 15th 05, 06:01 PM
jphoenix

Your response is the first I've seen or received. The life limit
currently exists in the Flight Manual, however the FAA ACS sheet states
that there may be some misunderstanding about the life limit and they
may issue rulemaking to clarify (in other words mandate the life limit
with a US AD).

This is an opportunity for Pegasus owners to influence the creation of
the NPRM, if necessary, prior to the NPRM being issued. A description
of the ACS process can be found he

http://www.faa.gov/certification/air...ceACSGuide.doc

This process is followed for al AD's.

After the NPRM is published, another period for comment is afforded.
I'll post the issue on the gliderforum.com, I see there's a Pegasus
thread running there.

Jim

Jim