Old August 23rd 05, 06:30 AM
max

Wow, the screen res on this one would probably display a full plate
without the panning I usually need to do on my 800x600 tablet.

I've been going back and forth between a tablet PC (Fujitsu LTC-500)
and a couple of notebooks, and have gone through multiple hard drives
on all systems when using them as EFBs. I've narrowed the problem down
to the fact that I use them all regularly between 17,000 and 18,000
feet. I've learned that most hard drives are prone to failure above
around 12,000 feet- lack of air pressure causing the heads to scratch
against, rather than float just above, the platters.

Has anyone else run into this issue computing at high, unpressurized
altitides?

Anyone know if this is still a problem with newer drives? I can't find
any info specific to that on this new one mentioned above.

-max