Old January 20th 19, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Condor 2 v 2.0.5 with VR Support

Many Best Buys stores have Oculus Rift and Go demo areas so maybe you can find a store near you and try it out before buying. I had the exact same concern as you, went to the store yesterday to try it out and found no issues whatsoever. I was so impressed with the Rift demo that I bought one on the spot.

I have extremely poor vision and require progressive focus lenses. I'm considered near sighted and can't focus on anything beyond about 4" from my eyes. I also have dual astigmatism. Even with all of that stacked against me, my glasses fit comfortably inside the Rift goggles and my ability to focus was not compromised. According to Oculus documentation, the designed focus distance of the Rift screens is about 5 ft. I did not experience any need to try to shift the view location on my progressive lenses to get into focus like is often required with bi-focals or progressives since the entire field of the goggle's view is tuned to 5 ft.

As others have already posted, there are several sources selling corrective lenses for the rift and worst case scenario is that you'll need to spend a little more and get one of those solutions.

Robert

On Saturday, January 19, 2019 at 9:24:50 PM UTC-6, Hal Woodruff wrote:
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the Oculus Rift but it occurred to me that my vision might be a problem. I need glasses to read/work with a computer but am OK with my contacts for distance vision. Is this going to be a problem?