Old April 5th 05, 05:38 AM
Frank

"LCT Paintball" wrote in
news:wtn4e.12908$Vx1.12789@attbi_s01:

I've been reading every post here for a few weeks. I am absolutely
amazed by the amount of knowledge that lives here!
With the butt kissing done, I hope you'll excuse my ignorance.

I was interested in the discussion concerning the weight of different
prop materials. Has anybody tried to make a hollow aluminum prop? What
about titanium? Carbon fiber?

Yes, to carbon fiber at least.

What kind of testing needs to be done on a home built prop?
Are there prop styles that can be copied without patent infringements?

Whatever you feel safe with, and a minimum of 40hrs (I think) on an
experimental, if it is a new combination or major change.

Has anybody tried making a flexible prop? My thinking is that it might
be possible to create a prop with a low angle of attack for high power
take offs, then have it flex to a higher angle of attack as the load
decreases. Could something like that give the performance of a
constant speed prop without the complexity and added weight?

Warnke almost constant speed among some.

If I were to play around with different prop designs, is there
somebody around here with the knowledge and time that might be willing
to test them for me?

Can you also provide the proper vehichle for the test period?

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD