Old June 20th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Different plane, same fix

PLEASE, NO LOCTITE. LOCTITE MEANS THAT YOU NEVER WANT TO REMOVE THE SCREW
AGAIN, which is going to play hell if the alternator itself ever craps out.

If it is a bare wire, then no lockwasher in the world will help. Put a crimp
terminal on the wire and then an INTERNAL TOOTH star or splitring
lockwasher. The order of assembly is alternator, crimp terminal,
lockwasher, screw.

Jim

--
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
--James Dean

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
When we flew our '75 Warrior, it developed a problem with the
alternator going off-line in flight. This was preceeded by the
ammeter needle bouncing crazily and finally pegging at 60 amps.