Old June 1st 17, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Interest in a 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Contest for 2018?

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 9:16:40 PM UTC-4, Ron Gleason wrote:
...I do not believe it is in the best interest if the SSA Contest Rules
Committee to have yet another class for a Nationals competition.

It's the IGC, not SSA, that created the 20m class, due to international
interest. USA lags rest of world here.

IF this held will take away from folks that would participate in the
2018 Sports Nationals, which are typically dominate by Duo's and Arcus'es?

Should not. My understanding is the USA 20m team selection criteria awards
points for 20m within sports or open as well (at least for 2016-2017).

See ya, Dave

PS: Don't forget about the up-and-coming 11m class.