Old February 25th 04, 06:36 AM
Scott

or VOR RWY 4) is there any legal way to fly the approach without an ADF?
It appears to me that the only reason for the ADF requirement is for the
missed approach.

Only with an approach approved GPS that has the paperwork for
installation in the plane. (In which case, you can use it for that
approach, but your alternate still has to be filed such that you can use
non-GPS methods.)

Can the approach be flown leagally by requesting alternate
missed approach instructions that don't require and ADF?

Now that's a great question. I suppose ATC can override anything really.
But then, what do you do in case of lost comm? You can't fly the
published missed. If you're an AOPA member, call up there help line.
They know or can find out just about anything about this stuff.

Scott
www.privacytactics.com -- Protect Your Personal Information Assets