Old March 30th 04, 04:39 AM
G.R. Patterson III

C J Campbell wrote:

All of the conversions claim faster speed and improved short field performance.

I flew one once, back about 1989. It would cruise at 125 knots with a fixed pitch
prop. As far as short field is concerned, there was one based at Kupper when I
bought my Maule. He not only had 180 hp, but he had fancy wing tips and vortex
generators. He still needed more runway than my 160 hp Maule. Of course, the only
way I'll see 125 knots is pointed straight down. :-)

George Patterson
Treason is ne'er successful, Sir; what then be the reason? Why, if treason
be successful, Sir, then none dare call it treason.