Old February 5th 19, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ADS-B equiped glider in USA Contests

Can't you just turn down the volume during the tow?Â* You shouldn't be
looking inside too much at that time, anyway.

On 2/4/2019 9:43 PM, JS wrote:
On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 7:18:57 PM UTC-8, Ramy wrote:
Powerflarm provides two type of alerts: traffic alert and collision alarm. The collision alarm is the most distracting one. I am asking them for a 10 minutes silence of the collision alalrm only. Ideally it would be for a particular aircraft but this would probably be too complicated to implement, so a 10 minutes silence is a good enough compromise in my opinion unless someone has other suggestions that can be implemented.

Ramy

Ten minutes is a pretty good start! I'd prefer "permanently disable".
Towplane or other glider ADS-B (without PowerFLARM) audible alarms seem to me like the many hotel fire alarms that have gone off at 2am.
Jim

--
Dan, 5J