Old August 23rd 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address)

Default Programming $10 Event Radio

I bought one of those $10 Event Radios at the Flying tent at OSH last
month. They said they can be reprogrammed if you bring it back to them
when they are at another event. (www.eventradio.com [annoying Flash site])

Naturally, the simple design has gotten me curious. I was wondering if
it could be used to pick up some local air frequencies. Has anyone seen
how they program them? I looked up the patent number that's on the
case, but that only shows the concept of the radio, not any programming
function. I don't see any connections on the outside, or inside.