Old January 26th 04, 06:08 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Quant" wrote in message
om...
On August 2002 I wrote about the unfair measures the Americans are
enacting in order to get contracts for their military industry. I
wrote about the American tactic of participating in the funding of
military projects in order to choke them later.

A quote of mine from the Aug 2002 discussion: "the Lavi was a classic
case and I hope the arrow ABM wouldn't be another one."

Link to this Aug 2002 thread:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:...le.com&rnum=10

Now it appears that indeed, the US vetoed the sale of the Israeli
developed Arrow missiles to India in order to sale the American
patriot missiles instead.

Don't be surprised if the US will brutally act to block similar Arrow
deals to Japan or other countries that are under a direct missile
threat.

Gee, you would not be whining if you developed these kind of systems with
your own money, would you? Break off your relaiance on US aid money and then
you can chart your own course free of US involvment--until then, life is a
bitch when the US decides that Arrow has too great a range for the sensitive
Indo-Pakistani region at present (and consider yourself lucky that we did
not sit on that recent sale of the Phalcon radar to India, where we had to
sell the Pakistanis some radar aerostats to maintain some level of balance
between the two sides). Maybe you can sell it to the PRC, like you did the
Python AAM?

Brooks

snip