Old October 26th 03, 04:32 AM
pragmatist

Michael Horowitz wrote in message . ..
I did my first oil change, had an oil analysis done and got back the
results. Two figures were flagged: 20ppm for AL and 99ppm for Iron
with the following comments: Wear Metals Appear Slightly High for Oil
Time, and Possible Corrosion if Aircraft Not Flown Regularly. It
concluded with the recommendation to sample next oil change to check
wear trend.

Is it time to panic or just note the figures with interest? - Mike

Don't panic.
Were the analysts aware that this was a first oil change?
Wear is normally slightly higher during and just after 'break in` and
that might account for the numbers.
Best of luck - Pragmatist - Is there anything else I can be of no help
with?