Old February 22nd 18, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ClearVav vs. LXNav

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 9:30:08 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Something that would make the CN totally Kickass would be a touch screen. To my knowledge Air Avionics is the only panel mount computer to utilize this. Has Touch Screen been considered for the CN?
Kirk

Thanks for the responses guys! Let me clarify, I have never flown a stick controller but I am sure I would like it (Always wanted to try one, maybe my next ship). I have a buddy with a Ball Mouse who swears by that type of controller, I guess it may depend on what one is accustomed to.
I have years behind an Oudie (Running SYM) and I have grown accustomed to the touchscreen. It is especially handy while loading tasks and programming and I have found inflight usage to be easy. properly set up it only takes a few taps here and there in flight and in the bumps I use the stylus.
Everything these days is touchscreen (Phones, computers, many car stereos, etc). I run a Dynon Skyview Touch in my powered airplane which gives the option of touchscreen or buttons or a combination. Why not the same feature for a glide computer?
Kirk