Old March 30th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James M. Knox

Default Aviation in television shows, question..

wrote in :

Are you thinking of the Steve Canyon show which ran in 1958?

I think that is the one where a flight of 3 F-102's has a total
engine failure in one of the A/C and the other two "tow" him
home by putting their wingtips under the failed A/C's wingtips.

My gawd, I remember that scene. Was it an engine failure, or was he
unconcious? Thought it was the latter. Either way, they "steered" him by
using the airflow over their own wing tips to lift his.

[I wonder how much other trash is taking up multi-terabytes of my memory?
G]

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1300 Koenig Lane West fax 512-371-5716