Old July 7th 03, 06:07 PM
Richard Lamb

So far, that's what I've been doing...
AND one small spot is almost completely clear.

It's going to take some time and elbow grease.

Thanks all

Richard

The Raven wrote:

"Dick" wrote in message
m...
Would you have a brand name or source for that polishing compound. I agree
Micromesh is too expensive.

Tamiya "Compound" comes in a small tube and is ideal for polishing the paint
and clear plastic windows of model aircraft/cars etc. For a 1:1 helicopter
it may be expensive (lots of tubes) but you may find it's good for the final
polishing.

Another alternative is 3M glaze (a liquid polish). When a car is painted
(non- 2pak paints) it is often used as a mild rubbing compound to smooth out
the final finish. Applied by hand it would have just enough "grit" to
remove the buildup on your canopy without chewing into the perspex.

Of course, check it's compatible with perspex first (I believe it is)!

I suspect a number of various quality car polishes would sort out your
problem. Meguiars also comes to mind and it comes in a a huge variety of
"fineness/grits".

Regards

--
The Raven