Old April 20th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Ultralite helicopter

Just back from Bensen days and Sun'n Fun. I flew (hover taxiied) a 254#
legal ultralite helicopter. I was amazed at the lack of any tendency to
depart to a foreign zip code. The little Mosquito Air felt more stable to
me than a Bell 47.
At Sun'n Fun John Snider demonstrated several autos to the ground in his
experimental class Mosquito. Some of the autos were hovering autos from as
high as 15-20 ft. John also has produced an outstanding video showing the
techniques he uses in doing full down autos from varying positions and also
demonstrates stretching and shortening the auto to reach a good spot. He
also demonstrates a throttle chop with the collective held showing how long
it takes the rotor to decay. While a bit pricey as videos go ($90) it is
well worth the price and a must have if you are a Mosquito owner or
considering a Mosquito or just want to walk thru some autos while in your
easy chair.
John can be reached at
Stu