Old April 26th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Harry Skelton

Default Ultralite helicopter

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
I wish someone would create a small home built that'd lift us bigger
(6'2", 230lbs) guys and still carry reasonable fuel...

I'm not 6'2" but I am heavy (250 lbs...sigh). According to the specs,
Vortec's Ultralight version of the New Choppy can handle useful loads of
upto 360 lbs. 254lbs craft (open frame) and a nice fuel burn of 1.5
hours or so. That'd get you about 80 miles.

The non-ultralight version handles the same amount of weight, is
enclosed, and has a range of 180 miles or more. ($16,000 or so)

For the money, if you want range and a higher than normal useful load,
you might want to consider the Air Command ultralights. Rotor craft but
it does have a nice range for 5 gals.