Old May 4th 04, 09:59 AM
Bert Willing

They are built into a couple of new gliders, you just need to be willing to
pay for it.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Dave Martin" a écrit dans le message
de ...
As one of those who is sceptical about the benefits
of an anticollision, I accept the comments made by
Mike and Bill. I hope the debate spurs those interested
in the development of an anti collision device or perhaps
a better description would a proximity alert to rpoduce
a working test model that can be evaluated.

Another area where we could impove survival of midairs
would be built in parachutes. I am sure that many
survival midairs accidents are not survived because
of the time taken to and the ability to get out of
a damaged aircraft quickly.

An in built parachute with automatic deployment would
surely help. Tests have been carried out and shown
to work.

Size and weight may be just part of the problem but
modern materials, would surely help to solve this.

Why it it that that, as yet, the devizes are not been
built into new gliders?

Dave