Old January 21st 05, 03:58 AM
Happy Dog

"C J Campbell"

Does anyone have any hours flown / accident stats? Is there any

particular problem with Cirrus that makes it less safe than any other like
GA plane?

Sure. It is a high performance hot rod that is far too much airplane for
most of the pilots flying it. People think that with a parachute and
modern
everything that it should have a safety record comparable to that of the
Cessna. That is a most unfair comparison, kind of like comparing the
safety
record of a Maserati to an SUV.

OK. Now, is any of your speculation backed by data? I really doubt it.
But, knock yourself out. Note that I wasn't comparing it to a 172.

moo