Old July 28th 03, 12:04 AM
Don Parker

"R. David Steele" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:08:11 -0500, "Don Parker"

Too a serious question, and thanks for the link. How good is
CH-products? Or would I be better off with http://www.saitek.com
off the shelf type products? In time I might be able to convince the
wife to allow me to purchase off the web site you gave me.

David,
Can't give you any good current advise for other controllers, especially
Saitek. I've had an old ThrustMaster FCS joystick & throttle that were
great when I was in the fighter mode (sold), a old LogiTech Wingman FF
joystick that hasn't been out of the closet for maybe two years after the
novelty wore off (it's BIG, control falls over like a wet noodle if your
hand isn't on it, etc.), a old CH Virtual Pilot yoke that did pretty good
after I dismantled it and shaved down the main shaft to prevent binding, and
a newer CH Flight Yoke (looks like the ones now) that I sold within a month
because of binding, sloppy return to center, and no fix seen by minor
surgery (I tried) - it may have been improved by this time. It was at this
stage I said the hell with it, get the best, whimper a while at the cost,
but at least be satisfied!! Which I did, haven't looked back, and if this
is considered a "commercial" by some - TS!! I suppose you could call CH the
Chevy of controlers, especially yokes & pedals, because there's a ton of
them out there, and are without doubt the #1 seller. Sidewinder joysticks
seem to have the biggest fan club (did I hear a rumor MS was bailing out of
the market???).... But others will be more than happy to give you a current
status report, I'm sure!!
Cheers
Don