Old January 9th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Default Plastic Pilot Certificates Mandatory in 2009

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:31:02 -0800, in
.com,
wrote:
I don't remember paying for mine.

They offered them for free awhile back... Don't know if they still do...

Hell, I figure that the reason that they really switched was that it was
getting difficult to find crappy quality 9-pin dot matrix printers with
which to print the old paper licenses... Used to be that if it looked too
good, it had to be a fake...

And with the new remotely readable e-Passports, I can see a market for
lead lined passport holders... Seems that the government can't leave
things alone... Can't resist the opportunity to change something that's
not broke... ****in' politicians and bureaucrats...