Old February 2nd 04, 05:14 PM
M. H. Greaves

hey, you know i care !!
"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: He went down on this mornings mission he won't be back.
From: Ed Rasimus
Date: 2/2/04 7:46 AM Pacific Standard Time
On 02 Feb 2004 01:33:56 GMT,
(ArtKramr) wrote:

He went down on this mornings mission. He won't be back.

Arthur Kramer

Poignant story and it happens in combat more than most people imagine.
I got a "warm bunk" when I arrived at Korat in May of '66 for my F-105
tour and got a "warm bunk" again at Korat in June of '72 for the F-4
tour. Don Logan had occupied the room and his clothes and camera gear
were still in the closet.

Don was repatriated in March of '73 when the POWs were released and
has published several aviation photo books since then.

The duties of the Summary Court Officer are heart-rending.
Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8

These are things that stay with us all our lives. Paul and I still talk

about
it even after 60 years. He sees that bunk in his dreams to this day. But

there
was a lot more to come. I posted it because I thought it was time we got

back
to military aviation which is what this NG is supposed to be all about.But

guess we should be thankful that there are still some of us who remember

and
care. (sigh)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS