Old February 6th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Buddy Holly crash

In article ,
"Dan Luke" wrote:
Yes, but we were talking about what we see quoted in the media.

A recent fatal crash around here had very similar circumstances to the
ones you describe, but the "We told him so!" comments never appeared on
TV.

The "we told him so" comments never appear in the media, which I know is
your point. If they did, there would be little point in even running
the story for today's media.

On the other hand, some pilots are just as guilty of glorifying and
defending accident pilots, which is particularly inexcusable.

Every time I hear of an accident reported in the media, I know I'll hear
two things: "He was an excellent pilot," and "the engine was cutting in
and out," as if the only thing that could possibly make an airplane come
down is an engine failure.

JKG