Old May 22nd 17, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_1_]

Default I'm Looking for a new location SW USA?

If you can work with the airport management and ATC, Aspen Colorado.

I Flew for Dieter Bibbig at Gliders Aspen for 5 seasons and the ride business was outstanding. Immediately adjacent to town, jaw-dropping scenery and tons of tourists with large sums of fun-money. We were booked pretty much solid two gliders, 7 days a week, 6 hrs a a day, for 3 months.

Very busy, tower-controlled airport, 8700' msl and real-deal alpine soaring.. LOA with the airport was to never take landing precedence over power traffic and especially the airlines. Not a trivial place to operate but there is lots of money to be made, fantastic soaring, and a world-class place to spend the soaring season.

We flew a Blanik and a 2-33 but glass would be far more suitable.

Also agree about Durango, Hurricane, and anywhere on the Wasatch Front.

A few no one mentioned: Moab, Vail, Telluride, Cody, Mammoth, Taos, Bisbee.. Sedona if you do not value your life too much....,

Sadly no snakes in ASE to entertain your friends with, Gary....😎