Old June 19th 04, 09:45 PM
John Clonts

"Mitchell Gossman" wrote in message
om...
I want to help my worrywart wife with a subscription to one of those
web-based IFR flight tracker services. Free would nice, but as far as
I can tell, the free ones cover commercial flights and not GA. What's
a decent one that is cheap that works with GA? I don't want to spend a
meaningful amount of $$$ - this is a total lucury item.

Mitch

Hello Mitch,

We use fboweb.com for that purpose. $10/month. The user interface is a bit
clunky, but it seems to work ok. James Knox mentioned Flight Explorer,
which is a standalone PC application so is likely to have a richer interface
(though I have not used it so YMMV). The fboweb tracking is via a web site
so it is accessable from any PC anywhere, and there have been times this has
been useful "ad-hoc" to allow someone at my destination be able to determine
my ETA...

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas