Old August 8th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Tinted canopies desirable?

I have a G 102 with a very dark canopy and I wish I had a clear one.
It's not usually very hot here, and quite often it's cloudy. It is
much cooler when the sun is shining, but most of the time we're trying
to keep warm! I've landed at legal dark a few times and you hardly
notice the tint. Anyone have a clear 102 canopy they want to trade?

Boggs

On Aug 8, 7:32*am, "Wayne Paul" wrote:
Ray Poquette's company "ThermoTec" makes custom canopies in clear, blue and UV block gray. *Here is the link to a graph on his website that may be of interest.http://www.thermotecusa.com/ThermoTe...opy%20Info.htm

Wayne
HP14 "6F"http://www.soaridaho.com/

"Udo Rumpf" wrote in ...
I have owned an ASW24 with a dark blue tinted canopy, *and now an *ASW27
with a clear canopy and the differance is remarable. The clear canopy is
much hotter everything being equal.
Udo

At 05:06 08 August 2009, Itsaplane wrote:
I've wondered about the desirability of having a tinted canopy. *Even
with the heat of flying in the desert, I'm concerned that if you made
the mistake of landing after sunset, near dark, you might wish your
canopy wasn't tinted...

Comments?

Eric
ER- Hide quoted text -